This workshop is focused on the process of healing trauma & shame through the practice of Kundalini Yoga, meditation, breathing techniques, sound healing, awareness and mindfulness exercises.
Trauma and shame are the most avoided, ignored, denied and misunderstood cause of human suffering. Trauma is caused not only by catastrophic events, such as war, violence or abuse, but common everyday events, for example accidents (e.g.falling off a bicycle), loss of loved ones, break up of a relationship, routine invasive medical procedures, injuries, natural disasters, witnessing violence physical &/or verbal, etc.
'Trauma is not what happened to us, but what happened in the result of an event inside of us, inside of the body and inside of the psyche. Trauma is about a loss of connection to ourselves, to our bodies, to our families, to others and to the world around us.' (ref: Gabor Mate & Peter A. Levine)
In this workshop we will:
- explore the true meaning & causes of trauma & shame
- look at the intertwined connection between the 2: shame & trauma
- find out what are the long term symptoms of trauma & PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), to name just a few: addictions, depression, anxiety, fears, phobias, lack of self-esteem, insomnia, etc.
- explore what healing modalities can help to recover from trauma & PTSD
- practise Kundalini Yoga, Kundalini Meditation
- practise mindfulness, simple somatic exercises, eye gazing & connection exercises
- use our voice as a sound healing technique recommended by Dr Peter Levine
This workshop is for everyone interested in the subject of trauma and/or shame. The aim is to create a small circle of Maximum 10 people.
What is provided: yoga mats, blankets, pillows, water, tea & vegan snacks.
What to bring: Open mind & heart, notebook & pen if you wish
(everyone is welcome to stay longer afterwards for drinks, snacks, questions and sharing)
Investment : £20, click to book